Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Renew--Quick Write

Next week is spring break, a right of passage not just for people who are headed down to Ft. Lauderdale, but for those people who need to recharge after a long stretch of time in the saddle.

I'm curious to see what other people do to recharge, especially after a grueling time working or thinking at a pretty high level.

Many people don't believe that thinking can be just as taxing as doing. Think about what your mind actually does.

In this last week, we had our major fundraiser at the school, my wife's best friend is getting married and I'm the officiant, and my big brother is coming to town. With this said, it's time to look at recharging my brain from all of the intensity of the past few months.

What will I do?

Take a hike on Mt. Tam (Tamalpais), go bowling, read two books, do service in the community, and just hang out. I'll even go into the office once or twice, but it will be a clean office ready for the paint to be laid on the canvas.

What do you do to recharge? I wonder...